If you want to maintain your figure or lose weight, you should forget about some foods.
But also, there are foods that do not cause you to gain weight, no matter how much you eat them. These foods contain low amounts of calories and fibers. Today, we are going to talk about these foods, but keep in mind that your daily diet should never be consisted of these foods only and it should be balanced instead.
- Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage – These three vegetables are your best friends when it comes to losing weight. But, they contain some nutrients that interact with iodine, which means that it is best if you eat them twice a week.
- Salads – they are an excellent source of folic acid. One lettuce leaf contains just around 3 kcal, which means that you can eat salads how much you want.
- Pineapple – pineapples contain compounds that are very helpful with burning fats and are also a great source of bromelain – a protein that helps the metabolism.
- Zucchini – With zucchini, you can balance the salt-water ratio in your body, and they also encourage proper intestinal function. One portion of zucchini contains around 42 kcal.
- Beetroot – Beetroot is a great source of many nutrients like manganese, that maintains normal blood sugar levels and it is very helpful when it comes to burning calories. Average portion of beetroot contains around 40 kcal.
- Watermelon and melon – These fruits contain 60 to 70 calories per slice. You can eat them as much as you like. They will help your body to eliminate the excess liquids and it will keep you full for a longer period of time
- Eggplant – You can eat as much eggplant as you want, as long as you grill it or bake it without oil. One portion contains 24 kcal.
- Popcorn – By not using butter or sugar when preparing your popcorns, one medium sized cup of it will contain around 31 kcal.
- Cranberries and strawberries – Strawberries improve the health of your cardiovascular system and encourage popper digestion. Cranberries on the other hand, help in removal of the excess liquids in the body. They are also a great source of vitamin C.
- Plums and apples – Only one apple can help your digestive system greatly. One apple contains around 50 kcal and they contain large amounts of vitamin c and potassium.
- Eggs – Boiled eggs are very healthy. Fried eggs, on the other hand, are not, because of the oil that is used to prepare them.
- Cucumber – You should eat cucumbers in order to lose weight. They contain compounds that effectively burn calories.
- Oranges, grapefruits and tangerines – These citrus fruits are rich in flavonoids and vitamin C that can improve the overall health of your skin and liver. Keep in mind that you should not eat large amounts of these fruits, if your primary goal is to lose weight.
- Algae – Algae are rich in iodine, and they can balance your hormone levels thus preventing weight gain.
- Celery – celery contains around 95% water and it is very effective in speeding up the process of weight loss and in detoxifying your organism.