After your car accident, you may think it’s not worth the effort of contacting a lawyer. In some cases, such as a minor fender bender, you may be right. Unfortunately, in many instances it is worth having a lawyer on your side. Car accident lawyers can ensure that you get a fair settlement and that you don’t get taken advantage of by insurance companies or anyone else involved with your accident.
If you’ve been in a car accident and aren’t sure whether you should enlist the services of a car accident lawyer, you should strongly consider consulting with one, if only to make sure you are protected.
Which Types of Accidents Might Require a Car Accident Lawyer?
There are various instances when you might want to consider retaining a lawyer to help you navigate through car accident proceedings:
- Accidents That Cause Significant Injury or Damage to at Least One Party. If you were involved in a crash that caused death or serious injury, it’s likely that you’ll want to have a car accident lawyer on your team. These cases can be very tricky and insurance companies may attempt to get you to sign off on a settlement very quickly in order to close the case, when in reality, you should receive much more than they are offering.
- Accidents Involving a Business. Businesses will want to close a case with as little payment as possible. Make sure that you are happy with the resolution and that you don’t have any lingering medical issues that won’t be covered if you close the case with the business in a short amount of time.
- Uber, Lyft, and Taxi Accidents. This type of car accident is going to involve a lot of moving pieces. Depending on the details of the accident, you may have to involve the parent company, the driver, and anyone else who was part of the accident.
There are many other examples of accidents in which it would be helpful to have a lawyer on your side. But suffice it to say: it’s always worth at least calling and discussing your case with a lawyer to see if there are any extra considerations you should make before moving forward.
What Types of Injuries can a Car Accident Lawyer Help with?
In a high energy collision, many different injuries could result. A few of these common injuries are listed below:
- Injuries Involving the Neck.
- Seatbelt Injuries.
- Injuries to the Back and Spinal Cord.
This is far from an exhaustive list of injuries that you may suffer from after a car accident. However, this list does provide examples of injuries that usually require extensive follow up and huge medical bills.
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s worth consulting with a car accident lawyer. You may not end up needing an attorney’s services, but sometimes car accidents can be more complicated than they seem. Car accident lawyers are ready and willing to help, no matter how large or small your settlement may be.