Have you found a perfect employee for your company but he lives Overseas? Do you want your close friend who lives overseas to manage your company for you? Then a TSS Visa is all you need. A temporary Skill Shortage visa is also known as a Subclass 482 visa. It came into action to help companies fill their vacancies with suitable people overseas. This vacancy can be due to skill shortage on a long or short term basis in Australia. A TSS visa holder can reside and work in the given position of the sponsored company. Remember, this visa is a temporary visa and you will have to renew it within the time limit.
According to the department of home affairs, in Australia, the number of people holding a temporary visa remains high even during the pandemic. A quick visa holder should work full time at the sponsored company. There is no allowance for them to work in any other company. One can also include their partner or children as dependent members in the visa. They have no restrictions to work or study in Australia. Anybody with an employer willing to hire and sponsor you can apply for this visa. Many jobs fall into this visa category. The jobs further have three streams.
- One is the short term skilled occupation list (STSOL) which provides access for a short period. The permit is allowed for 1 to 2 years.
- The next is the medium to long term strategic skill list (MLTSSL). These jobs provide work and stay for 1 to 4 years.
- Regional occupation list (ROL), here the visa grants a stay and work for between 1 to 4 years.
You will have to research which stream your occupation falls on and how long the employer will pay for your visa. If your job falls into the first stream, you can renew your visa only once in Australia.
If your job falls into the latter two streams, you can renew your permit many times. Also, with the MLTSSL stream, you can apply for a PR if you have worked for three years for the same sponsor.
Eligibility for a TSS visa
The requirements may vary for different jobs, but some general essentials are:
1. English proficiency: You can take these English tests like IELTS, OET, TOEFL, PTE and CAE. If you are from New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, USA and UK, you do not have to take the English test.
2. Qualification: One should have the necessary skills and qualifications for the position offered by the sponsor company. You will need to have at least two years of experience within the last five years.
3. Medical examination: If you belong to certain countries on the examination list, you will have to pass some health checks. You will also have to take up health insurance for the entire visa period.
4. Character and Police checks: One will also require to submit a Police clearance certificate. These certificates have to be the country you lived in for a year or more over the last ten years.
The TSS visa application process:
Gather all pieces of information related to the application for the temporary visa. There are a lot of platforms that make this process much quicker and easier. Check your eligibility as per your occupation. The three steps for a new life in Australia with a visa:
- SBS: The Standard Business sponsorship. The company must become a Standard Business sponsor to hire a TSS permit holder. Then the company provides sponsorship to you during your working period. They should be approved by the Department of Home Affairs and have a valid SBS.
- Nomination: The company must have a vacancy, and the company must nominate you for that position.
- Visa application: You have to submit all the required documents for the vacant position and all health check documents.
Author name: Hannah Gilbert
Leave a Reply