There are many different ways that people celebrate Good Friday. For some, it is a somber day of remembrance and reflection. For others, it is a day of joy, celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. No matter how you choose to celebrate, there are many beautiful and inspiring Good Friday quotes to help you reflect on the meaning of this day.
What is Good Friday?
Good Friday is a religious holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday and may coincide with the Jewish observance of Passover. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, and Black Friday.
How Do We Celebrate Good Friday
Good Friday is traditionally a day of fasting and prayer. Many Christians attend church services and spend time reflecting on the events leading up to Jesus Christ’s crucifixion. Some people also give up something for Lent on Good Friday.
“Good Friday Quotes” can be a great way to share your faith with others on this special day. Here are some of our favorite quotes about Good Friday.
Good Friday Quotes
- “Good Friday is a day of mourning and reflection. It is a day to remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and to recommit ourselves to living according to his teachings.”
- “On this Good Friday, let us remember the tremendous sacrifice of Jesus Christ and let us resolve to follow in his footsteps.”
- “On this Good Friday may we never forget the great sacrifice that was made for us. Thank you Jesus!” – Joel Osteen
- “The cross was the death of death. It was God’s victory over evil.” – Billy Graham
- “The cross is the great equalizer. It shows that God loves us all the same, no matter who we are.” – Rick Warren
- “The cross is the place where love and justice meet.” – Tim Keller
- “The cross is the victory of love over hate, of life over death.” – Pope Francis
- “On the cross, Jesus took on the worst that we could ever imagine, and He conquered it.” – Charles Stanley
- “The cross is the ultimate expression of God’s love for us.” – Max Lucado
- “The cross is where we see the love of God on display in its most powerful form.” – Matt Chandler
- “The cross is the most powerful symbol of hope in the world.” – Louie Giglio
- “The cross of Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.” – R.C. Sproul
- “You are blessed to be given another chance to live. make use of it and be a blessing just like what Jesus Christ is to us. -Have a Good Friday.”
- “I’m praying to the Lord that he keeps you safe always and surrounds your life with eternal love and happiness. Wishing you a Holy Good Friday!”
- “On this holy Good Friday, I wish nothing but best for you. May Jesus Christ be born again in our heart and you will always be loved and protected by him.”
- “Jesus Christ bore all in silence because he accepted us in him. I hope we can return the same to him.”
- “I pray for you always and this Good Friday is not an exception. May God keep you in His loving care on this day and for eternity.”
- “May all of us be blessed with the goodness of Good Friday on this auspicious day and always.”
- “Happy Good Friday! May God turn this Good Friday into a blissful beginning of your life.”
- “May the Darkest Night will end and the Sun will rise. Have a positive hope on this Good Friday!”
- “Today we remember God’s great love for us. May this day bring new meaning and change in your life!” ― Wishing all Christians A Blessed Good Friday
- “It’s Good Friday. Good Because 2000 years ago the events of today prove that we matter to God.” ― Good Friday
- “Take a promise to love, forgive and live a life full of peace on this Good Friday.”
- “Praying that the Lord all your Heart with peace. Holds you in His Love and Blesses you with His grace… On this Holy Day and Always.”
- “May on this GOOD FRIDAY we start it with Fasting & Prayers so that we can bring God’s mercy & forgiveness on all mankind Let’s Pray together.”
- “Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus, The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blamed Himself.”
- “May the loving-kindness of the most high God be with you as you take the time to revere his name this Good Friday.”
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace. ―Wishing you all a Happy Good Friday!”
- “God proved his love on the cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world” “I LOVE YOU” ― Billy Graham
- “No pain, no palm, no thorns. no throne, no gall, no glory. no cross, no crown.” ― William Penn
“Good Friday Quotes” is a great way to share your faith with others and to show your support for the Christian community. These quotes can be used to inspire and encourage others, and to remind them of the meaning of Good Friday.
Related Search Terma:- Good Friday Quotes, top Good Friday Quotes, Best Good Friday Quotes, Good Friday Quotes best, Good Friday Quotes 2022, Good Friday Quotes