Change is the only constant thing in our life. And this applies to business marketing as well. Marketing is a dynamic field that changes with every trend and launch of new technology. Thus, to ensure that the new changes can work well with your marketing strategy, you need to have a well-crafted marketing plan.
All marketers know this, yet 63% of marketers have no clear plan on how to market their business. It leads to a decrease in lead generation. Therefore, in this blog, we will explore simple ways to create an effective marketing plan to grow and expand your brand.
- Develop a brand value
To create a marketing plan, you first need to define your brand strategy. It is about defining the values, mission, and goal of your business.
The brand value should align with:
- The needs of the customer
- The product
- The trends of your industry.
To create a brand strategy; you need to understand and define your brand value.
- Make sure you understand the needs of the customer
- Figure out what points or USP your brand has in solving that problem
- Figure out whether the method you are using fits into your belief or not.
It will help you create a brand value. It will help you build a mission statement which outlines, who your customers are and how you will reach them?
- Identify customer and their pain point
Identifying the customer pain point is imperative if you don’t want to fail in your business venture. Pain points mean finding the problems or issues that a customer is facing and figuring out how your business can help with that.
To know this, you have to look at the pain points of a customer, which you can get by collecting their demographic results.
- Finance: Their finances are your first pain point. If your business is not helping them save money, they will not choose you.
- Convivence: Is your brand able to ease the life of your customer?
- Age: Not every product is suitable for all people. So, knowing which age group and gender you can cater to will help you develop a workable marketing plan.
So, study your competitors, market trends, and your customers to get an answer to these questions.
- Identify the target audience
You know the pain points, and you have studied the market trends and researched your competitors. Now, it is time to identify your audience. Knowing who your audience is crucial because that will help you curate your marketing strategy as per their need and liking.
Also, you can figure out where they hang online or what media they use the most? It will give you a platform to start your marketing plan.
- Define marketing channel
You know the brand value, who your audience is, what message you want to convey. Thus, now you have to figure out what channels you will use to market your business.
- Social media: is the best digital marketing platform. Choose two or three platforms according to your business. And decide on which channel you want to be most active on. For instance, a B2B company survives best on LinkedIn and Instagram; a B2C company should use IG, FB, and Pinterest and Twitter.
- Ads: Using advertisements on social media or the internet can help you get your product in front of a specific group giving you more exposure.
- Influencer marketing: To collaborate with industry leaders on social media or through blogs helps you expose yourself more to customers who follow these influencers religiously.
- Email marketing: is one of the best ways to have a direct and personal connection with the user. Use a newsletter to tell the customer about new products or inform them of a discount. If you design them well, they can have a positive effect. Use Canva to create an appealing email newsletter.
Never take marketing lightly. Without it, your brand will have no existence and no buyer. So, use these tips to create a plan, and your brand will succeed and flourish.