The epidemiological situation is imposed on the world by a new reality. Everything is changing, and the labour market is no exception. What kind of specialists are in demand today? Yes, you are right – content managers. Nowadays, this profession is very popular. There are millions of websites on the Internet today, and all articles on these sites are not automatically posted. Content managers deal with them.
In this article, we will tell you who content managers are, what they do, what responsibilities they have, what knowledge they need in their work and why the profession of a content manager is in demand at that moment and will be in demand for a very long time.
What do content managers do?
- Control the execution of work and post content on the websites/blogs.
- Participate in the writing and editing of texts.
- Take part in selecting topics and making the editorial plan for the websites/blogs.
- Work with advertising materials (layout, selection of photo content, creating accounts).
- Create and edit texts and images.
- Prepare materials for publication.
- Dealing with feedback (respond to comments, etc.).
- Work with other authors.
- Improve content.
In simple words, a content manager is a person who has a very important mission to convey information to the consumers and readers so that they will like this website/blog and will have a desire to be back on this website/blog again and read other articles. A content manager should be interested in the information and should have a passion for reading.
The average salary of a content manager in the United States is 13-20$ per hour.
After you become a senior content manager, you can apply for the position of head of the content department and then open your own copywriting agency or create your own profitable website. So, there is also career growth in this profession.
Content manager skills:
- Perfect literacy.
- Basics of HTML.
- Office programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Adobe Photoshop.
- SEO basic skills (SEO-optimization of articles, etc.).
- Working in a team.
If you desire to find a good job offer as a content manager, check out Jooble website.