On December 22, 2022, we celebrate the Winter Solstice with all the people that we love, but before you celebrate it, you want to know what it is about and why we celebrate it.
Have no idea what it’s about and why it is celebrated in countries that experience winter? Don’t worry, we got you and we will make sure that you are celebrating it properly with the people that you love the most!
Below, in this blog, we have listed down every single thing that you need to know about Happy Winter Solstice!
Winter Solstice Traditions
Here are some of the most common traditions that are celebrated during the happy winter solstice:
- Shab-e Yalda
- Lohri in India
- Burning the Clocks in Brighton
- The Solstice Chase Bike Race
- Dong Zhi
- Inti Raymi
- Sunset and Sunrise at Stonehenge
Do you think we missed out any proper happy winter solstice traditions in the article that we made above? Let us know what we missed out by leaving a comment in the comments section below!
Winter Solstice Quotes
- The Happy Winter Solstice is the time of ending and beginning, a powerful time — a time to contemplate your immortality.
- It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
- Kindness is like snow; it beautifies everything it covers.
- Sometimes, you need to revamp yourself over the winter, participate in things that make you appreciate what you have.
- Today we celebrate light and honor the wisdom of the shadows. In connecting with the natural world in a way that honors the sacred immanence in all things, we establish a resonance with the seasons.
- Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.
- Solstice is the reason for the season, so it is our duty to pay respect to them.
- This is the solstice, the still point of the sun, its cusp and midnight, the year’s threshold and unlocking, where the past lets go of and becomes the future; the place of caught breath.
When Is Winter Solstice 2022
This year the Winter Solstice is going to be celebrated on 22 December globel holiday.
Do you think we missed out anything important in the things that you need to know about the Happy Winter Solstice ? Let us know what we missed out by leaving a comment in the comments section below!